top of page
  • John Nichols

All Your License Questions… Answered!

All Your License Questions… Answered!

Getting a license disc for your vehicle

Are you looking for affordable Van Hire? Do you worry about the licensing aspect? Well, worry no more. We at Harris Van Hire are here to make the whole process stress-free with no added costs. We at Harris Van Hire have many satisfied clients. We are in Hockley, Essex. We, at Harris Van Hire, will help you obtain a vehicle as per your needs. Anybody who is 23 and older and has had a driving license for two or more years should be eligible to hire one of our vehicles. Harris Van Hire has a range of vehicles for you to hire and will personally fetch you if you are unable to fetch your hired vehicle and Harris Van Hire will drop you off at your office or home once you return the said vehicle. If you are going to be driving clients, you will need a professional driving permit. This will enable you to drive passengers to and from their destination in a business capacity. This can be obtained at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA for short). To hire any of the vehicles at Harris Van Hire, you will need a driver's license. Also, your vehicle needs to be licensed. This licence disc, which is attached to the windscreen, is renewed annually. All our vehicles at Harris Van Hire are licenced and up to date. You can renew your car license at the DVLA or at the post office, giving you peace of mind.

The cost of licenses and what you will need

If you need to do long-distance travelling perhaps for a vacation or to explore our beautiful country, our hospitality trucks at Harris Hire are perfect to keep you on the road. Travel to your destination in style and comfort with everything you could need. It goes without saying that you would need a driver's license in order to hire any vehicle. The cost of a driver's license is 35 Euros for a provisional license or if you are doing it by post, it will cost you 45 Euros. The cost of renewing your car license disc is 55 Euros. A PSV Operators license is a Public Service Operators License, and you would need one if you are intending to drive your vehicle as a business. At Harris Hire, you can hire a 6- or 9-seater Splitter with all the bells and whistles for a comfortable and easy drive. There are four types of PSV permits. You can get all the prices of these at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency. It is advisable to have 3rd party insurance in the UK. We, at Harris Hire, are happy to advise you on 3rd party insurance when you are ready to hire our vans and trucks to suit your needs. No matter how big or small, we, at Harris Van Hire are confident you will find what you are looking for with ample capacity for luggage and passengers.

Getting your licences for quad bikes and motorbikes

Harris Hire is a licenced firm in Essex. If you are interested in hiring one of our vehicles, we will require the last eight digits of your driver's license, your full address and your postcode in order for us to assist you with receiving your unique eight-digit license code. To drive a quad bike off-road, you don't need a licence. Most quad bikes are not allowed on the road because they don't meet road safety standards. If you do own a quad bike that's permitted on the road though, it requires an MOT certificate if it is older than three years. If you drive one on the road you will need a driving licence. Keep in mind the different types of motorcycle categories when applying for a license. With light vehicles and quad bikes, category B1 is for four-wheel motor vehicles up to 400 kg unladen or 550kg if the vehicle is meant to be carrying goods. For minibuses, it's category D1. You can drive a 16 seater; your vehicle must not be longer than two metres and a trailer up to 750kg. Buses on the other hand fall under category D. Contact us today at Harris Hire for all your transportation needs whether you are moving furniture, travelling for business or driving around for pleasure.

12 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page